Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The 12 Days of Public School song

Hope I don't offend any of my schooled friends! But I came across this on a website a few years back (sorry I can't give proper credit to the author! If the author stops by, please let me know. ;)) and thought it was pretty cute. So, I'm posting it for my other unschooling friends in honor of our public school district starting tomorrow.


The First 12 Days of Public School song

And a one, and a two...

On the first day of public school my neighbor said to me, "Don't your kids just watch TV all day?"

On the second day of public school my neighbor said to me, "Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?"

On the third day of public school my neighbor said to me, "What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?"

On the fourth day of public school my neighbor said to me, "Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the fifth day of public school my neighbor said to me, "PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the sixth day of public school my neighbor said to me, "Don't you set limits? PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the seventh day of public school my neighbor said to me, "Life isn't like that. Don't you set limits? PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the eighth day of public school my neighbor said to me, "John Holt was crazy! Life isn't like that. Don't you set limits? PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the ninth day of public school my neighbor said to me, "You have no structure. John Holt was crazy! Life isn't like that. Don't you set limits? PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the tenth day of public school my neighbor said to me, "Kids need a schedule. You have no structure. John Holt was crazy! Life isn't like that. Don't you set limits? PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the eleventh day of public school my neighbor said to me, "I just don't get it Kids need a schedule. You have no structure. " John Holt was crazy! Life isn't like that. Don't you set limits? PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the twelfth day of public school my neighbor said to me: Wow--you're so...different. I just don't get it. Kids need a schedule. You have no structure. John Holt was crazy! Life isn't like that. Don't you set limits? PLAY CAN'T BE "WORK"!! Don't you use workbooks? What about the TAKS test? Where's your curriculum? Don't your kids just watch TV all day?

On the thirteenth day of public school I smilingly replied: We like being different, go read these websites, kids don't need a schedule, we don't like structure, Holt was a genius, Life isn't like school, No, we don't set limits, LEARNING NEVER ENDS!! We use what the kids like, Tests don't accurately measure knowledge, Our curriculum is in a landfill ..and the purpose of unschooling is JOY!

On the fourteenth day of public school, my neighbor said to me... My kids really hate school, maybe I should withdraw them, I don't really know them as people, their friends are kind of nasty, the parents seem even worse, there's just so much stress, I hate the government raising my children, UNSCHOOLING SOUNDS SO COOL (but kind of scary at first), I would like to try it, I think my kids would like it, my spouse might need some work, but I know you'll help me out cause you're so awesome!

No comments: