Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sick. sick. sick

Yep, that's us. SICK. I don't know what it is (cough, cough) but the girls tested negative for flu and strep (ouch my throat hurts) but we've all had fevers (Rose's was 103F for two days and that was ON Tylenol and Motrin). (sneeze, sniffle, cough, sniffle) My fever appeared last night. Why, you ask? Well, it could be because when you're pregnant, your immune system is a little repressed - which is great for the MS but totally bad for these pesky colds and sinus stuff that goes around every winter that I'm already susceptible to. (wheeze, cough, sneeze, cough, cough, cough) Or, it could be that when your kids are almost-two and almost-four and they're sick (sneeze, sniffle, sniffle, blow), they have this NEED to LAY ALL OVER YOU and wipe their faces all over you and make you miserable just as they are starting to feel better and get their energy back. (cough, cough, sneeze, sniffle, ouch my poor throat) So I'm going downhill fast and they're doing pretty good at this point, after a week of being pretty darned sick. Though the girls are still coughing and sniffling, their fevers are gone and they're playing and *trying* to run around (cough, cough) though when they do, it just makes them cough like they have TB so I'm doing my best in my fever-induced state (sneeze, sniffle, wheeze, wheeze, cough) to keep them doing quiet activities.

I give up (cough, cough, ouch)... I'm just going to hang a big black flag on the porch indicating that the plague is here. And then I'm going back to bed (sneeze, sneeze). Oh wait - that's in my MIND - I can be sick in bed in my MIND because I have lunch to prepare and kids to get down for nap...ahhhh...nap....nap... can I (cough) make (sneeze) it? (cough, cough, ouch)

No comments: