Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Ice Man Cometh, Part 1

The ice storm hit last night. Apparently our county was one that got the brunt of the storm. I wanted to post some pictures of it currently. This is part 1. Part 2 starts tonight and we're expected to have heavy ice with thunder (meaning extra heavy) and then part 3 again tomorrow, finally turning to snow on Monday. There are 100,000 customers without power right now so I'm praying ours stays on. But with the added wind and ice coming tonight, I'm not incredibly hopeful. I need to collect flashlights, blankets, candles, batteries, etc. just in case.

The ice on the trees *is* awfully pretty to look at though. ;)


Rose's tree:

Also, last week was National De-lurking Week. Soooo...knowing that I *do* have a program that tracks visitors to my site daily, I know there are lots more of you than are leaving comments. Sometimes I find myself lurking when I don't know what to say. So, if you're lurking around here, please - tell me what you think of ice. Do you like to chew on it? Do you like to look at it on trees when you don't have to drive on it? Do you live somewhere so hot that you've never seen an ice-covered tree? Do you live somewhere so cold that you could barely stand to hear me say that it was beautiful? Come on, de-lurk and leave a comment! It just might bring a little warmth to me on this very cold day. ;)

No comments: