Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The decision

Well, after 3 hours of crying and whining and hanging all over me and begging me to make the decision for him, I finally told him I wasn't going to listen to anymore of it. This was HIS decision. And I wasn't going to talk about it once more until supper time. This kinda got his attention. Once he lost his audience, he skulked to his room and when he came out, his attitude was much better. Just before afternoon quiet time, he came down the stairs with a screwdriver in hand. I eyed him suspiciously and he said, "Mommy, I just needed to use the screwdriver for something in my room. You should go see what's on my bed."

As I rounded the corner into his room, I saw Metroplex on his bed and Matthew beaming from ear to ear. "I decided to keep him and I put his batteries back in." He was truly happy with his decision. I put the girls down for their naps and came back into Matthew's room. I told him how very proud I was of him for not taking the easy way out. It boiled down to him thinking it was too hard to transform and I was proud of him that he decided to muddle through and conquer it. So I stayed and, following the instructions, helped him transform it. It was then his turn to be proud of me. ;)

"You know what, Mommy?" What? "I'm proud of me too!" That's good because that's THE most important thing. ;)

No comments: