Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patricks Day!!

Happy St. Patricks Day!

I had to look up a story about St. Patrick because, after all my years in school and Sunday School, I knew absolutely nothing about him. I thought St. Patricks Day was a silly holiday for Irish people and we teased about their folklore of little green men (no, not THOSE little green men) and four leaf clovers. It was quite an interesting read. It was also fun explaining it to the kids.

3yJ woke up from nap with pink eye. Lovely. I have no idea where she picked that up and the peds office was closed because she had a late nap. So I had to juggle his after-call service and Walgreens to get some meds. This was, of course, a great opportunity to discuss germs again and what contagious means. Image

I made my mom's traditional corned beef and cabbage and I found a great recipe for Irish Soda Bread (the last one I tried wasn't good at all!). Grammie brought over shamrock cookies for dessert.

No comments: