I just did the Meyers/Briggs Personality Test and I think I rated the same as I did 15 years ago so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise to me. What IS interesting, however, is that many of the career matches listed are things which I have wished I was or have done at some point. I've written my resume out to the side for your amusement. :)
ENTP (I posted the graph on my blog sidebar)
ENTPs are often happy with the following jobs which tend to match well with the Originator/Intellectual personality.
* Actor - was in drama club and teams all throughout school. Many school plays.
* Artist - I do lots of crafts but not art. I don't feel artsy unless you count music.
* Comedian - I'm pretty funny (I think) and like to entertain but I wouldn't want a career out of it.
* Computer Analyst - worked on IBM's help desk
* Computer Programmer - took programming classes in college and helped a programmer design a new system when I was working in the mortgage division.
* Consultant - Uhh...yep, computer consultant
* Designer - I do like to change things around in my home. Not sure I'd like to design for a living but I do enjoy doing that kind of stuff.
* Engineer - see Inventor
* Entrepreneur - could you put 'homeschooler' under here? maybe??
* Inventor - I don't invent machines but I do very often find something I like in a store and come home to make/build it myself.
* Journalist - I've always ALWAYS loved to write. Was on numerous newspaper teams in school and I did an awesome newsletter for my old playgroup which I just loved doing.
* Lawyer/Attorney - ICK!?!? Though I *do* love to gather information. ;)
* Marketer - This is actually something that interests me though I have no experience with it other than my own natural morbid curiosity.
* Musician - OK, I've done every choir that ever came my way in school and church and then some. I played flute all through high school and college. I took classical guitar lessons for a while. I'm teaching myself keyboard (slowly). Very musical here.
* Photographer - well, you needn't have read my blog for years to figure out that I have an avid interest in this! I have played around with nice cameras and really love all the things I can do with them graphically too!
* Politician - DOUBLE ICK!?!?!
* Psychiatrist - My mom has told me time and time again that I should be a counselor or shrink or psychologist throughout my lifetime. And if I hadn't gone the husband/kids/SAHM/homeschooler route, I just might be one today.
* Psychologist - see above
* Public Relations - well, I'm doing the publicity chair for my MOPS group next year! LOL And I blog here for 'public relations' - does that count? :)
* Sales Representative - Do I sell homeschooling? teehee Though I think I'm pretty persuasive and can talk people into things fairly easily so even though the title doesn't appeal to me, it might be something I'd enjoy.
* Scientist - I do love to see HOW and WHY things work. I do a good amount of experiments with food on a daily basis. I really love to watch Alton Brown explain WHY mushrooms
* Systems Analyst - I love diagnosing computers. Mine is a very very **very** old hunk of metal that I've upgraded just as far as I possibly can. I think I currently have the RAM maxed out at 1 GiG. I'm running a 333 processor. Yes, older than actual dirt. Flash almost always kills my browser. I have to put the extension on Firefox so I can kill Flash manually. Joy. YouTube is just not possible. :( Alas - Hubby speaks of some such thing called a 'laptop' - what wonder could that be?? And perhaps soon??? Hmmmm....
* Writer - Ummm...I'm blogging, I've written poetry, stories, and am even working on a few books here and there in my spare time these last few years (well, to be honest, I *have* been busy having babies the last 8 or so years...lol).