Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Still sick...I think...

One of the blogs I read, Unschooling Snapshots, had a good strewing post today that I wanted to share with you. Whatcha Strewin'?

I haven't blogged much the past few weeks and that's mainly because I'm still not feeling well. I've had many sinus infections in my life as a result of my bad hay-fever allergies but this time, it is much different. This is just sinus pressure. No congestion, no cough, no sneezing, no runny nose. Just severe pressure in my upper sinuses and even my upper teeth. After a week of that, I called for antibiotics. Four days later, I went to Urgent Care. Two days later, I was seeing my regular dr again. He gave me some pain meds (along with other stuff) and I've kinda been floating along for the last 4 days. So I don't know if I'm actually *doing* better but I am *feeling* better...however, this is my last day of pain meds so we'll see what tomorrow brings. I may be back at my drs office on Friday, begging for a lobotomy again.

Matthew is continuing his leisurely study on presidents. The book we read about John Adams didn't paint him to be a very nice person and talked more about what he did before becoming president than what he actually did in office. I'm not sure if that's the way history remembers him or if that was just this particular author so we'll be looking for another book about him to get a more rounded picture. I'm anxious to move on to Jefferson as I found a good fictional biography of Jefferson as a boy that looks good.

Rose is now reading Jade's before-nap stories to her. It's so sweet to peek in there after I've put the baby down for nap and see them snuggled up in bed, reading quietly together. Being girls (or perhaps just their personalities), they butt heads more often than either does with Matthew. I was initially quite worried that moving Jade into Rose's room would make matters worse but I think it's working well. They seem to have adjusted fine and don't mind sharing the room at all. They even seem to play nicer together but still have their moments so it is especially sweet and heart-warming to me to see Rose reading stories to her little sister.

Linnae is closer to walking. She has the leg strength, just not the confidence yet. But she can crawl up the stairs faster than anyone can catch her, much to my chagrin, and I know it will only be a short time before I will be wishing she was 'just crawling' again. :)

This afternoon, Grammy is taking Matthew and Rose to see Prince Caspian. Tomorrow we have a birthday party and a homeschooling get-together with a Flag Day focus (it was rescheduled from last week due to illness) and on Saturday, Rose and I have a program at the Zoo.

I know it wasn't much to blog about but I wanted to let you know we're still here and hopefully I'll be back to blogging more often soon. In my fuzzy pain med state, you're lucky it was at least coherent. LOL

No comments: