Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday, Monday...

If the song is now stuck in your head, welcome to my world. And it's not even one I like. :)

We've had a very busy weekend. Saturday morning, Matthew went to a program at the zoo. So I drove him all the way down there and dropped him off (parents weren't invited to stay). His class was about Animal Tracks. They identified tracks and figured out which animal made which track and the instructor brought in some animals for them to look at like a millipede, white ferret, etc. He had a great time. While he was there, Grammy and I went over to the Art and History museums to look around. I wanted to see if there was anything I thought the kids might like there. I found some fascinating things at the History museum's store. A plethora of items (coffee cups, t-shirts, books, pens, etc) with the quote, "Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History". I have since put the book on reserve at the library so I can't say if it's a good read or not but the quote really struck me. I'm no women's libber but I really liked that thought as it could apply to so many things.

I picked up a couple books on the presidents for Matthew, one of which was a series of fictional biographies about Jefferson's childhood. I'm betting my library has more of the series too. At the Art Museum, I picked up a great little book on how to draw cats for Rose, as well as some beautiful detailed butterfly tattoos for the girls.

After picking Matthew up from the Zoo (where we teased him that they'd just throw him in the monkey cage if I was late), we rushed over to Steak N Shake for a quick lunch. We drove all the way home to drop Matthew and Grammy off and I went straight back downtown to see Mamma Mia! at the Fabulous Fox Theater (if you've never been, it's too gorgeous to describe - click on the link to see the pictures). I didn't care for the storyline all that much but it was really fun getting to see how they worked a storyline into all the ABBA songs that I grew up listening to (and still do). I had a really good time. I was originally going to go with a friend but she backed out and I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I took the best date...myself. LOL Who would enjoy it more than me? ME, of course! :) After that, I rushed back home to greet SIL & BIL, who stayed with us Saturday night to catch an early plane to Cancun on Sunday. SIL and I went out for rare treat - kidless time together! The four of us stayed up too late watching youtubes and geeking out on the couches. It was a really great day.

On Sunday, we spent the afternoon with a friend of Hubby's from high school. His wife and I have become good friends and our kids have now as well. We had a great lunch and went to a new indoor playground and just had a great time there all afternoon.

It was a very busy weekend but it was a lot of fun. After the kids got down to bed, I was looking up one of the Abba songs I hadn't thought about in many years and found out that they made the musical into a movie!! It opens next month with Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan. I'm excited to see what Meryl does with the role as I love just about anything she does. :) It'll be fun to see it so close to when I saw the musical so I can compare and contrast the two. Quite fun!

So today I've spent chillin out and tomorrow we have plans with friends and Wednesday we have plans with SILs kids. So it should be a good (but tiring) week. I hope you have a great one too!

No comments: