Tuesday, November 28, 2006

If you were a wall in our house today...

you would have heard the following conversations:

1.I was asking Rose what she wanted for Cmas. She named, among other things, a cat tree. I don’t think we’ve ever discussed a cat tree and I didn’t know how she would know what one was. Then I got worried that Matthew figured out what is in the garage, waiting to be painted (an animal 'tree' to hold all her stuffed cats), and told her. I let it go but it kinda weirded me out.

Later, I was writing down the list of things she told me and Matthew reminded me that she wanted a cat tree. I asked him where she got the idea for a tree? “I mean, cats don’t live in trees!” He said, “From the Catwings book!” I should have known. ;)

2. Hubby, Matthew and I were talking just before bedtime tonight. Matthew had said he wanted some Lego Mindstorm sets for Cmas and we discussed that he would need to know how to program and that they're very very expensive. Hubby said that another expensive gift he'd like to get one day are two microscopes...a high powered and a low powered one. Matthew exclaims, "You're the best dad!! I'd LOVE a microscope!"

3. Matthew is quickly coming around to the idea of being the only boy. We told him his cousin's viewpoint (he is also an only brother to three sisters), "The best thing is that on boys night out, you don't have to share Daddy with anyone!" That conversation quickly led to scheduling a boys night out for this coming weekend.

Jade and Rose were running after Matthew this afternoon and Matthew was play-screaming, 'help!' I told him that was something he'd have to get used to - his three sisters will give him lots of attention and want to play with him lots because he will be their only brother. He liked that idea a lot. Nah, he's not an attention monger. ;)

4. While watching one of his favorite shows, Good Eats with Alton Brown, Matthew kept pausing the TIVO. I wandered over to see what he was doing and he was copying the cooking instructions that appeared on the screen. He spent a large part of today writing.

No comments: