Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tagged...you're it!

My good buddy over at Yadda, Yadda, Yadda invited me to participate in a tag, and now I tag you.

The rules of the tag are to go to Wikipedia and type in the day and month of your birth, excluding the year, and hit search. Then you are to list three events, two births, and one holiday that occurred on your birthday.


April 26

Events:
1607 - English colonists of the Jamestown settlement make landfall at Cape Henry, Virginia.
1564 - Shakespeare was christened.
2007 - Stephen Hawking becomes the first quadriplegic to float free in zero-gravity

Births:
1785 - John James Audubon, French-American naturalist and illustrator (d. 1851)
1933 - Carol Burnett, American comedian

Holiday:
World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).

I henceforth tag ALL of you. :) Leave me a comment so I know who's up to the challenge. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm tagged! I'm it! Come see...

MommylovesRJ said...

It must be due to our birthdates being so close, that we connected from the start! :P

I thought the Wiki tag was a fun tag too...more so than most, anyhow.

Anyhow, just checking in! Will be posting again myself soon...tried yesterday to post twice, and lost it both times...I gave up at that point! :P

Hope all is well with you sweetie! Smoochie those wee ones for me! =o)

Anonymous said...

December 16th:

1773 - American Revolution: Boston Tea Party - Members of the Sons of Liberty disguised as Mohawks dump crates of tea into Boston harbor as a protest against the Tea Act.

1811 - The first two in a series of severe earthquakes occurs, in the vicinity of New Madrid, Missouri.

1973 - O.J. Simpson of the Buffalo Bills becomes the first NFL player to rush for 2,000 yards in a season.

1485 - Catherine of Aragon, Queen of England (d. 1536)

1770 - Ludwig van Beethoven, German composer (d. 1827)

South Africa - Day of Reconciliation