Monday, September 10, 2007

Don't you wish you were here?

My trip to Santa Monica Pier last weekend.



My brother's wedding was beautiful. I don't have any pictures to share yet (haven't gotten their approval to post them yet actually) but it was a very pretty garden setting and went off without a hitch. His wife is a fun person and I enjoyed getting to know her a little over the weekend.

We (Linnae and I) also did some sight-seeing while we were out there. In addition to walking the beach and doing the ferris-wheel on Santa Monica Pier, we also saw the La Brea Tar Pits, got a drive-through tour (via my brother) of downtown LA, had a fabulous meal in Chinatown, saw the walk of fame on Hollywood Blvd. and saw their fantastic Getty Art Museum (mostly the outside, which is more like botanical gardens actually).

My only complaint is that after a very mild summer for them, we apparently took the heat with us. It was 106 and probably hotter while we were out there - and yes, humid too. We were all quite annoyed with the weather but we survived. The beach was at least 20 degrees cooler, though it was only about 30 minutes away from Pasadena, where we stayed. I've only ever seen Florida ocean. I expected Cali ocean to also be as warm as bath water and stink of dead fish (sorry to anyone who lives in Fla!) but it was so very cold and fresh smelling...I *now* see the draw to the beach.

More pictures to come...

2 comments:

MommylovesRJ said...

I am so envious!! I used to live out in Van Nuys (years ago) and went to Santa Monica beach every chance I got. Manhattan beach is a beautiful beach out there, too. Your video of the beach literally brought back the scent of the beach...oh how I miss it!

Glad it's been a cool September your way!! Been quite warm here! Send some cool air up my way!

Hope all is well with you! =o)

Jean 2 said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach. Glad you had a good time! ;) I also detest HOT weather. UGH!