Friday, October 12, 2007

Mosaics

Hey guys - I know there are other Amy Grant fans out there. If so, check out Becky's blog - she's giving away three copies of Amy's new book, Mosaics, away!

For those who don't know me well...well, Amy was a HUGE part of my childhood. I remember the day Carrie brought a copy of Amy's first album to 4th grade recess. It was raining that day so we were stuck inside our classroom instead of out on the playground. The teacher somehow let Carrie play Father's Eyes and several others and I was hooked. I did talent shows and sang songs in church with Amy's music (and I had the mock leopard-skin jacket and perm to prove it!). As an adult, my music tastes have changed as much as her style of music has and I continue to love everything she produces. But in the last year, I had a yearning for the earlier music and I have gone back to purchase the oldies and it's amazing that those old songs really speak to me now as much as they did in 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. grades. Thanks Amy!

And Thanks for the chance, Becky! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Amy Grant. Brings back memories of belting out her songs with my dad when I was a wee lil kiddo!