Thursday, June 22, 2006

My book

I've written a children's book manuscript. I really do have a corner on the market for this topic and I feel it's well written. Today I received my first rejection letter. And instead of feeling like I'm a hack with no talent, I feel wildly invigorated. I'm ready now to print off a thousand copies and mail them out. I feel very optimistic about this book and just need to find the right publisher. This first publisher was upfront from the beginning and stated that it was a long shot because they don't do children's books but she does feel I have a "valuable book" and just need "the right publisher". If this is what all rejection letters say, please don't tell me. I don't want to know. ;) For now, I'll basque in the glory of my first ever rejection letter and I just might frame it for my living room wall. ;)

No comments: